Monday, February 18, 2013

On Saying Yes...Again

Oh, birthday parties...they really stress me out.  I have friends who are so great about coordinating these awesome parties with amazing cakes and beautiful decorations.  And, the thing is I love to do those things, too.  But, I am just not in a place right now where I can do those things!  (Maybe next year.)

I refuse to let the pressure get to me, though.  I tried to convince Avery to do a big event and pick just one friend to share it with (you know, a concert, a sporting event, etc.)  But, the girl is a socialite and after much thought she just couldn't be swayed- she wanted a party.

At first, I felt really stressed about it and then I decided to do the unthinkable: send a mass text to her friends' parents, pick out a movie to have the kids watch together, pop some popcorn for the kids as a treat and call it good.  To Avery, it was pure awesomeness even though for me it's delightfully easy and simple.

I know there have been and will be years again where I can get elaborate with the party planning (it's fun for me and for my kids) but it doesn't have to be!

I am saying YES to celebrating without the stress this year.

How about you?  Are there things you've been avoiding altogether because they stress you out?  Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good!  Say YES!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment