Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What the Wednesday: Losing Weight and Steam

Well, What the Wednesday snuck up on me this week, and I've had a hard time deciding what to rant about.  There's just so much to choose from.  That's just the kind of fun person I am : )

I've decided to borrow from Peggy Orenstein, who doesn't know it but is on a first name basis with my friends and I for her books about growing up a girl, most recently her book Cinderella Ate My Daughter rocked my world and made me feel more confident than ever that my decision to remove Disney princess "swag" from my home was a good one.

Anyway...one of her recent blog posts discusses the issue of fat shaming and I. JUST. CAN'T. BELIEVE. IT'S. REAL.

This is an actual character for a new ride (that has due to pressure from parents since been pulled) at Disney World.  WOW.  Just WOW.
Dear Disney, 

First, I can't walk through the grocery store without stumbling upon Disney Princess shaped pasta and princess endorsed Ziploc bags.  Now this?   I will continue to look for every opportunity possible to boycott your products.

Sincerely,

One Mad Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment