Thursday, January 24, 2013

BOGO

I have a friend who always thinks of me whenever there's a buy one, get one free deal.  Instead of buying 2 of an item for herself, she buys one for herself and one for me.  No matter how many times she does it, it always surprises and excites me.   I always feel loved, and thought of, and grateful.

I love the idea that instead of taking home more than you need, pass along the extra item to someone else who could benefit.  The next time you have leftovers from a meal you just cooked, consider an elderly neighbor or a friend who just had a baby.  If you're out running an errand, check in with a working mom on your block to see if you can pick something up for her.

All small gestures that don't require any extra effort in daily living, but brighten another person's day.




2 comments:

  1. My sister just did this very thing to me today! I got a random text "Do you used jalapenos in your cooking?" and before I knew it, she was handing me a spare jar she scored while couponing. Such fun!

    ReplyDelete