Monday, April 15, 2013

They Know Cool Stuff You Don't

I came across the other day, and I just LOVE it. 

I feel very strongly that we've done ourselves and our community, our world a disservice by living isolated, disconnected lives.

Each day, I have the opportunity to take to a six year old, a five year old, a two year old, and an infant.  If I'm listening I can learn so much. 

Most days, I have the opportunity to talk to my elderly neighbors, my middle-aged parents, my husband and friends who are my peers.  Am I listening?  There are so, so many rich lessons to learn from each of them.

I love the idea of having a diverse array of perspectives of people who speak different languages, look different, are different ages, believe different things politically, are a different sexual orientation, are a different race, etc. etc. etc. in your life.  You stand to learn so much- and I am an idealist- I think the world truly does become a better place when we take the time to really hear from and learn from one another.

What do you think?  Agree or disagree?

No comments:

Post a Comment